The group classes allow you to discover, progress and blossom in an activity in a fun way while meeting new people.
6 persons max
2 hours course
4500 cfp per session
19500 cfp for 5 sessions
34000 cfp for 10 sessions
Private lessons allow you to enjoy the exclusivity of individual teaching, as a couple, with friends or family. Benefit from a specific accompaniment, progress more quickly and in privacy.
6 persons max
2 hours course
12000 cfp per session
+3000 cfp for each additional person
You are an association, a works council or a school and you wish to share a moment of cohesion during an event? We can work with you to develop a tailor-made project.
Please contact us directly for prices.
Surfing lessons adapted to the audience
Whatever your age, our surf school in Tahiti teaches you how to have fun surfing with ease.
– For children to have fun in a safe environment.
– For teenagers to go surfing in a cool environment while meeting new people.
– Adults to be able to surf on their own with their own board.
And according to your experience
Our learning process is based on practical exercises, clear explanations and individual advice, allowing for rapid and continuous progress.
– Beginners: Your instructor will take care of placing and pushing you on the waves. You can simply enjoy the ride. You will learn all the technical basics of surfing as well as how to behave in a safe way during your practice.
– Intermediates: With our precious advice you will be able, in time, to catch your own waves. We will guide you to make the right trajectories and follow the waves.
– Advanced: Tailor-made coaching awaits you to learn the range of tricks you see in the surf videos. Thanks to the video coaching and a detailed analysis you will be able to get feedback on your performance in the water.
Learning all surfing disciplines
Because surfing is defined as the action of gliding over waves, we teach you to surf on :
All questions concerning the activity
How are the classes organised ?
Sessions last 2 hours and the excursion takes half a day including transport time.
Groups are formed by age and level with a maximum quota of 6 people per course.
What is included in the session ?
The session includes :
– Transport from Paea to Papenoo and back (see route map). We stop as close to your home as possible to pick you up.
– The loan of equipment: high quality surfboards, longboards and bodyboards that are constantly renewed. They are equipped with leash and daggerboards.
– The teaching session is provided by a qualified instructor (BPJEPS Surf) who renews his PSE1 first aid diploma every year.
– Insurance: our vehicle is insured for the passengers and a civil liability insurance protects the students.
What do you learn during a surf course ?
Surfing is a sport that requires a lot of practice to progress because we are in an uncertain and constantly changing environment. The technical gestures are at the heart of our teaching (you will learn to stand up, to turn and then to perform figures on the wave).
Apart from the technical gestures specific to this discipline, the great difficulty of surfing lies in reading the ocean and the waves. Indeed, depending on the weather conditions of the day, the waves do not break in the same place and do not roll out in the same way. That’s why, to know how to surf, you have to learn to anticipate the waves in order to position yourself to catch them in the right place and to get up at the right time. Then, once on the wave, you have to know how to read it in order to take the right trajectories and then carry out the right manoeuvres in the right place at the right time. In our school, we put a particular emphasis on learning to read the environment and the waves to make you autonomous surfers.
Surfing is a dangerous discipline, so we will teach you how to behave in the water in order to evolve safely. You will learn how to control your board, deal with the waves and know the rules of priority.
We will teach you how to choose your equipment and your place of practice.
Finally we will show you how to develop your physical condition in order to perform better in the discipline and reduce the risk of injury.
Where do the courses take place ?
Lessons are usually held in the commune of Papenoo in the north of Tahiti. The commune offers black sand beaches suitable for all levels of surfing.
The reef waves in Tahiti are located off the coast and are very dangerous. They can only be practised by experienced surfers. Surf schools in Tahiti cannot take you there.
There are several spots in the commune and we choose the spot that best suits your level and your project.
The sandbanks (the topography of the sea bed) are changing. We will teach you how to read them so that one day you can choose your own spot.
From what age can you start ?
We welcome your children from 4 years old if they can swim. There is no age limit after that (yes, surfing has therapeutic properties ;)).
We form groups by age (children, teenagers and adults).
What are the gliding materials ?
We offer shortboard, bodyboard and longboard lessons.
The shortboard is a small board with a pointed front, it is very responsive and allows you to ride the wave with tight turns.
The longboard is a larger board (9′) and more rounded at the front, it floats more and is more stable. It is less responsive and must be surfed with wider turns. You have to move around on the board in order to manoeuvre it.
Bodyboarding is a very short foam board that is practiced lying down with fins. The tricks are acrobatic and the sport is more accessible for beginners.
What should I bring ?
– a bath towel
– a swimming costume
– lycra or t-shirt
– sun cream
– a change of clothes
– water and a snack if necessary
– your medication if you are on medical treatment
What happens in case of bad weather or non-practical conditions ?
Rain does not prevent practice as we are already in the water. However, if the conditions are too extreme or dangerous, we will cancel the course and refund your money.